Table of Contents
It gets so irritating when these zits won’t go away easily. Sometimes, the fastest way to get rid of them is to pop them out using your fingers. But if you think of it, using your fingers to extract them all isn’t very hygienic and may just worsen the condition. Considering that, would it be better to use a blackhead and comedone acne extractor? Should you use it?[amazon box=”B00YNF6H1O” ]
The Benefits of Using an Extractor
A lot of people claim that it is much better to leave this kind of procedure to the professionals. I bet you agree on that and somehow, it is true. But if there is a way you can safely take this professional care and treatment at home, would you?
You are probably wondering if there’s any benefit you can get from using a pimple or blackhead extractor. As what you also know, a lot of professionals or dermatologists proceed with this kind of procedure. Here are the benefits:
- Using a clean and a sterilized extractor is more hygienic and much safer than just popping your pimples, comedones, or blackheads with your fingers. We all get our hands, especially the fingers busy touching and holding a lot of things which can potentially harbor bacteria and germs. So if you pop them out with your fingers, it will do more harm than good.
- You can get much closer to the areas of the skin that need extracting. If you’ve got comedones, blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, or acne that are ready for popping, an extractor can take the gross pus out and leave your skin clear and clean.
- Extracting can speed up the healing process of blemishes and acne lesions.
Blackhead and Comedone Acne Extractor Kit
I’ve had my fair share of pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. Comedones do come out from time to time. It is indeed irritating to just leave them alone, especially when washing just won’t work. But to eliminate those zits and the blackheads and whiteheads around my nose area, I’ve decided to DIY and keep a Blackhead and Comedone Acne Extractor Kit and use it occasionally.
These tools for extraction are stainless steel. It comes with six different extracting tools that are designed for each and every job. To carry out the procedure safely and successfully, the detailed instructions included are helpful and have guided me all throughout the process although I still watch a few videos on how professionals and dermatologists use these tools.
I’ve got pores that are completely blocked that resulted in whiteheads, blackheads and comedones and extracting them without proper tools would be quite tough. But this kit has a sharp needle tool that works to open the blocked and closed pores. I just place the tool with a seemingly small ring on top of the blackhead, press it down gently, and that disgusting pus would come out easily.
It looks gross but it is satisfying to see how this tool can clear a huge chunk of dirt from the unwanted zits, blackheads and whiteheads with a gentle squeeze. It’s great to know I’m backed up with a reliable tool to thoroughly clean my pores and watch them squirt out all the dirt and oil. It’s pretty disgusting but it is cathartic!
Because they are stacked in a small pouch, it is portable and I can just keep them clean for another use when the occasional blackheads and pimples come out. Although it feels uncomfortable at times, it is pain-free and it shouldn’t definitely be painful. Otherwise, you’re probably using it wrong or the pimples and blackheads aren’t yet ready for extracting.
Proper Ways on How to Use It
Any skin care product will only work efficiently if proper use and precautionary measures are applied. As I’ve used the blackhead and comedone acne extractor, I’ve learned the effective ways to use the extracting tool efficiently and safely. Before you try this on your own, make sure to take note of these reminders:
- To extract the comedones, pimples or blackheads more easily, exfoliating prior the procedure is a must. This process washes off the debris and residues that can cause breakouts. I do it every time I’ll do some extracting. It preps the skin and also helps clear the surface of the pores.
- The next thing I do is pamper my skin with a warm towel to open the pores. I also find it effective when I use a bowl of hot water and use it as a face steamer. This is also a process that professionals recommend before any extractions because the steam softens and soothes the blocked pores and opens them up which makes extraction much easier to perform.
Just take note that when your skin is not entirely warmed up, you’ll need to squeeze much harder which can aggravate your skin’s condition. That is why it is also essential to steam the face from time to time or every 10 to 15 minutes to keep the skin all prepped for extraction.
- It is also very important to wear gloves before any extraction. Even if I’ve washed my hands thoroughly, I always want to make sure they are perfectly sanitized to prevent any contamination from the dirt and bacteria.
- Never ever use the same tool for all the areas of your body. Pimples, comedones, and blackheads can also be visible in certain areas of the body such as the neck, back, and even on the butt. If you are planning to extract them in those parts, make sure you have a tool for every area.
- Another important thing I always keep in mind is to sterilize the tools I’ve used prior to extraction. Even though they are stainless, I make sure to sterilize them after use and before I go on with any extraction procedure. It is a must!
Is it Safe to Use?[amazon box=”B00YNF6H1O” grid=”1″]
Yes, it is safe to use as long as they are sterilized and precautionary measures prior to extraction are applied. I’ve been using it for a few months now and I think there is no better way to clear the pores thoroughly. Keeping these tools are definitely worth it. I do not have any severe acne or pimple problems and clearing my pores and the unwanted zits with the blackhead and comedone acne extractor is truly helpful. It enhances the skin’s texture, too!
However, if you are suffering from severe acne problems or you have sensitive skin, it is better to consult your dermatologist or a health professional before using any extraction tool.
Read more:[amazon bestseller=”Blackhead Remover Pimple”]